Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6 (Feb 5- Feb 11)

New # 11: Fixing my scratched up dansko's.  For some reason the toe and heel area's on my shoes are shredded as all get out while the rest of the shoe is in perfect condition.  So I decided to see if I could savaged the shoes enough to be able to still wear them to work and not just keep them as everyday shoes.  I sanded the rough edges and then painted over the entire shoe with acrylic paint in wrought iron grey and then sponge painted over that with gunmetal silver.  When it is completely dry tomorrow I will spray over it with waterproofing.

Before with scuff marks

After: Shiny with 2 new shades of grey












New #12: Added a yoga class to my weekly workout routine.  It is fantastic to have that back in my life!  I can start working on some of my flexibility goals now.  My strength training and regular fitness goals were already underway and it is about time to add in flexibility/  Plus the stress relief that comes from yoga is so wonderful..  I don't actually do well with the meditation part but to be told to try to shut my mind off for a bit is something I need weekly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment