Wednesday, May 2, 2012

End of April

New #27 I have avoided using new work related things but this one is part new work and part new personal growth so I am going to include it.  I was able to comfortably network with other people in my field at a conference which led to my volunteer join a state wide task force in my interest area.  I have struggled to talk myself up to others so this was a big personal and work related step.

New #28 Taking a singing workshop.  I know my family, close friends and exes have all told me that I have a horrible voice and for a while that kept me from singing where anyone could hear me.  Then I said whatever I will sing because I enjoy singing.  I know I will never be good at singing but that should not keep me from learning more songs and learning from people that are actually good at.  So I will keep on singing out loud.

New #29 Woke up early every single day for a week.  Instead of sleeping in on the weekends and the days I work late, I woke up early and used the time to write swim lesson plans, cook full lunches for the day, work out in the morning, etc.  I am not a morning person so this was a challenge for me.

New #30 New Recipe: Cilantro, Jalapeno Rice- So Tasty- Highly recommend it for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment